9.9.07

Karma ????

How many of us actually believe in the whole concept of Karma ???? Has it just been reduced to a simple phrase to pass off the unexpected/unwanted doings of a person, or is there any more deeper meaning to the whole concept ???

C'on.... the ancient saints and thinkers of India, wouldn't have come up with the concept just for the heck of it right ??? Moreover, when Swji said that "Man is the maker of his Own Destiny", was he in a way referring to this concept ???

Well, i've come to believe in this philosophy to a great extent now..... atleast after what i witnessed today......

A question on my mind, which troubled me for quite some sleepless nights.....Why are some people more richer (Both materialistically, and intellectually) , while some lesser ???? Why are there so many Good people around, equal (if not more) number of so called not-so-good ones ??? Why is there this inherent difference, we find (atleast according to my limited knowledge) only in the Human Beings, and not in any other animal clan ???

After a fun filled evening out with some friends, the sight which brought tears in my eyes was that of an old woman, sitting outside the "Hang Out" wearing a torn sweater, the thin saree covered her fragile head against the drizzle..... her bright eyes looked expectantly at mine (while i so conveniently looked away), she sat with her arms outstretched ........ i would surely have given her a few rupees, if at all i had any low denomination notes in my wallet, all i had was 100 bucks, which i wanted to fill petrol

What have i done to deserve this good a life i have now ?? Am i so worth it ?? I sometimes do genuinely ask...... and wat sort of a life will i get after all the things i've done in this one of mine ????? I dare not know the answer..... unless i still have the opportunity to change the outcome....

Whats troubling me now, and will continue for a while i am sure, is tat i could've used my credit card to fill petrol......

2 comments:

ckbelludi said...

Well, before getting into a subtler aspect of your discussion, I appreciate your concern for the old lady. Next time you meet some needy person, DON'T offer any money. If you really sympathize the person, I feel, you should give something that they need. I would bring her some food or clothes or something like that, but Never would I have given her any Money. Money! you know is a very crazy thing - it can be used in ANY manner - good or bad. On the other hand, if you give some food to someone like that lady, you can never be guilty, for you are sure your money was utilised for a good cause. Think about that.

And the subtler aspect of Karma... That's something very serious and cannot be spoken or discussed lightly. I ain't a well read guy about this Karma but I believe in Swami Vivekananda - "I would not care for salvation. I would rather go to a hundred thousand hells but I would do good to others Silently like a spring." That's important. The Humility. If you really do some altruistic deed, you should not really care for recognition. Even if offered, recognition should be avoided, I believe. Because the moment you think of recognition of your deeds, you lose your humility and start doing things ONLY for recognition!

CoNfUsEd said...

Hmmmmm...... U've made me think all over again....

Thanx for the comment, and a very good feedback ..... Really appreciate it :)