29.7.06

Missing the obvious????

Holmes and Watson are on a camping holiday. One starlit night, they are lying in their sleeping backs-seperate ones of course, nothing unusual about Holmes and Watson-when Holmes speaks.

"Watson, tell me. When you observe the heavens on a night such as this, what do you deduce?"

Watson, keen to impress his brainy chum, ponders.

"Well, Holmes", he begins, firstly, I observe the vastness of the heavens, and I realise that we are but a microscopic speck in the infinite cosmos. Then, that out there among the countless stars, planets and galaxies, there might even be other life forms, maybe even someone like me. Then, that among the apparent chaos of the universe, I see nevertheless order, and that order must have come from a Being who is responsible for all creation-from the humblest microbe to the mightiest supernova. But then, I deduce that that Supreme Being created you, and me, and among all of this cosmic mahem, He knows me and loves me."

"Hmm. Not bad, Watson, not bad", muses Holmes.

A pause.

"Well, Holmes, well? What, then, do you deduce?"

"Only this, Watson. Some b*****d has stolen our tent."


well...thinkin abt it...lifes like this....!!!
when will we ever learn to think simple terms??????!!!! sometimes in our life we do come across such situations and become watsons rather than holmes.....i yearn to think simple....but will i be able to???? i wonder...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude too good